Barco Medical Grade Diagnostic and Surgical Monitors
4K Surgical Monitors
Barco has expanded their range of 4K, high-brightness and high-resolution displays to offer healthcare professionals a premium imaging experience in the Operating Room. Barco surgical monitors provide state-of-the-art image quality, wide color gamut and visual accuracy. The new 4K displays (MDSC-8231, MDSC-8255) now allow image mirroring and rotation to present images per the surgeon’s perspective. Screen cloning on DVI out is also possible, with resolution downscaled from 4K to FHD for easy recording. All displays will be available in a Nexxis-integrated version.
Calibration on Barco 4K displays
The BT.2020 calibration refers to the color gamut conversion algorithm from BT.2020 to ITU-709 applied to all the colors that belongs to both color spaces. The calibration generates a set of color space conversion parameters (specific for the unit) ensuring the colors are displayed correctly within the available color space. Without this color space conversion a color captured with BT.2020 camera will not be reproduced correctly
Barco medical grade monitors are known worldwide as the leader in healthcare medical imaging. Display solutions presented in both surgical monitors and diagnostic displays have helped to showcase their constant high quality research and development when it comes to designing the latest medical grade monitors. Targeting niche markets and producing a constant stream of diagnostic displays and surgical monitors, fostering knowledge sharing and smart decision making in organizations and helps hospitals provide their patients with the best possible healthcare.
– Barco surgical displays meet the required strict regulatory standards.
– Automatically calibrate and maintain high luminance over lifetime of the display and have automatic quality assurance monitoring.
– Controls the entire imaging chain: monitors, software (MediCal QAWeb), plus graphic card and cables for a complete end-to-end solution.
Barco delivers cost effective, flexible solutions for diagnostic review displays. Grayscale and color, high luminance, superior technology for image quality and consistency are all standard features.
Barco Value of Diagnostic Review Displays
– Fast start up, wide viewing angles and DICOM Part 14 Compliance are key solution components.
– Purpose-built for different modalities to meet each unique requirements – for example, high bright displays for cardiology, larger sizes for orthopedics and review with patients.
– The solution set ranges from 19″ (and 19″ high brightness) for diagnostic review displays 19″ to 24″.
– Backlight Output Stabilization (BLOS) delivers stabilized luminance over time and Ambient Light Compensation automatically adjusts to adjusts to different light conditions to remain DICOM compliant under all lighting conditions by adapting the display’s brightness to the ambient light level in the room.
– Enterprise and remote management of all clinical and diagnostic review displays reduces IT support.
– Asset reporting helps support budgetary and renewal cycle.